The Great Dane was miserable and sickly and so his owners took him to an emergency animal hospital in Portland. It turns out the problem was something he ate.

X-rays showed a stomach clogged with a “large quantity of foreign material.” After two hours of surgery the doctor had the answer, the dog had consumed 43 socks. 

The hospital entered last February’s tale, complete with X-rays (see below), in an annual contest sponsored by a vet magazine and won a prize. The contest is suitably called “They Ate WHAT?”

Even stranger. The $1,500 first place winner was a Plano, Texas, animal hospital that treated an exotic frog that ate more than 30 small ornamental rocks from its cage.

The DoveLewis entry summary says the Great Dane was discharged a day after surgery. 

GD1SHOP

The offending socks

GD2SHOP

One hell of an X-ray

The post Surgery On Great Dane Unveils Shocking Finding appeared first on The Hook.