1

It’s quite common these days for people to sleep with their smartphones next to them or even under their pillow, we are in an ultra-connected society after all.

Texan Ariel Tolfree recently learned the consequences of doing just that.

The 13-year-old girl was recently awoken by her Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone smoldering silently but pungently under her pillow. 

This was the consequence. Ouch…

2

She told KDFW she put her phone under the pillow before she drifted to sleep. Later that night, she smelled something burning.

‘I didn’t think much of it, so I went back to sleep and then I woke up again and it was more prominent,’ Tolfree said.

Under her pillow, she discovered her phone charted and partially melted. Her sheets, mattress and pillow were also scorched.

The post Don’t Panic, But If You Own A Samsung Galaxy You May Want To Read This appeared first on The Hook.