- He is an inspiration to many, a musical icon of the highest order. He would have been 74 this month and it’s a great opportunity to celebrate John Lennon’s memory with some lesser known facts.
- Lennon was self-conscious about his large nose.
- His favorite album of all time was The B-52’s self titled debut.
- Lennon often said he’d rather have been a member of Monty Python than The Beatles.
- Lennon would drink 20 to 30 cups of tea or coffee every day.
- As a boy John was a choir boy and a boy scout
- It was Bob Dylan who introduced marijuana to Lennon and The Beatles.
- John was the last Beatle to learn how to drive. He got his license at 24.
- The last time John saw Paul, they were watching Saturday Night Live together in John’s New York apartment.
- Lennon found out later in life he was dyslexic.
- John Lennon collected Beatles memorabilia.
- The last photograph taken of John Lennon while he was living was this one here, taken with his killer, Mark David Chapman
- Without glasses, he was legally blind.
- John Lennon hated his own singing voice.
- He loved to play Monopoly
- John was deeply hurt when a reporter labeled him “the fat Beatle” in 1965. He began to eat much less.
- John was expelled from school for misbehavior at age 5.
- In the ’60’s Lennon bought his own island off the coast of Ireland.
- He was the only Beatle who didn’t become a full-time vegetarian.
And BTW, Happy belated Birthday, John.