Living in a house that you don’t own can have a lot of benefits. Your life is more flexible and the management company will most likely take care of maintenance for you. However, it can also be stressful when you think you’re going to lose your security deposit because you broke, scratched or lost something.
Never fear! These easy DIY tips will help you restore your apartment or all of its former glory (or at least to the state it was in before you got there). They’re all relatively inexpensive and you can use items you have around the house.
1) Everyone has damaged furniture
2) Clear clogged drains by pouring baking soda down your drain, followed by vinegar and hot water.
3) Wrap a wide rubber band around doorknobs to soften a door that slams (and reduce noise complaints).
4) Make late-night entrances much less annoying.
5) Use coarse salt to clean any cast iron skillets that came with your furnished apartment
6) A broom and a hose can help you clean off your dirty deck.
The post 11 Completely Unknown Home Hacks That Are Going To Make Your Life So Much Better appeared first on The Hook.