Perfect pub chat….
1. The spots you notice on your nails are not caused by a calcium deficiency. They’re called “leukonychia” and are very common. Most of the time the white spots simply are a sign of some past injury to the matrix (base) of your nails.
2. The average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill two swimming pools.
3. Every 60 seconds, your red blood cells do a complete circuit of your body.
4. Human bones are four times stronger than concrete
5. Most babies are born with blue eyes, exposure to UV light brings out their true colour.
6. The human body contains enough carbon to fill 1,000 pencils
7. There’s 45 miles of Nerves in the body
8. The muscles that control your eyes contract about 100,000 times a day (that’s the equivalent of giving your legs a workout by walking 50 miles).
9. Over the course of a lifetime you will shed around 100lbs of skin.
10. Your brain uses about 20% of your oxygen and calorie intake.
Got any facts you want to share with us? Tell us in the comments…
The post 10 Incredibly Mind Boggling Facts About The Human Body appeared first on The Hook.